One School, Two Programmes
Our school offers two distinct world-recognised programmes:
1. ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME
Starting in Year 7 this programme offers a new possibility to English speakers to join the school. Based on content and methods similar to our other programme, the English International Programme is tailored to attract interest from local and international families who seek for their child a holistic approach to education: intellectual challenges and rigorous academics, as well as mindfulness and international focus. All subjects ( Science, Math, Humanities, Arts, etc) are taught in English, except French as a second language. Activities of service learning and trips overseas are an integral part of this programme. This programme will lead to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme* (IBDP) in Years 12 and 13.
- WE ARE AN IB WORLD SCHOOL!
- FIND OUT MORE
- DISCOVER OUR PRESENTATIONS AND VIDEOS ON THE ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME
Lycée International Winston Churchill is an authorised IB World School*! IB World Schools share a common philosophy - a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important to our students. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
From September 2019 we will be offering the IB Diploma Programme in Year 12, and in Years 12 and 13 from September 2020.
The IB Diploma Programme is a rigorous academic curriculum that is an excellent preparation for university entrance around the world. Students are required to study six subjects: two languages, one humanity, one science, one mathematics and either an arts subject or another humanities, science or language subjects. This allows for the holistic approach of the IBDP.
Furthermore, students explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course. This allows for an excellent breadth and depth of knowledge that is appreciated by leading academic institutions globally.
As part of the course, students also engage in CAS activities (Creativity, Activity and Service) to nurture a holistic educational experience for the child.
Enrolment is now open! Please contact our admissions team (email@example.com).
* Only schools authorised by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP).
- This programme caters for international or English speaking students with an interest in the French Language and Culture or for French-speaking International families as French will be offered as a subject.
- French immersion class will be offered in PE
- The Curriculum will be based on the French curriculum but with an IB focus: conceptual, inquiry-based learning, local/global context, strong focus on critical thinking.
- The following IGCSE exams will be available: English Lang/Lit, Mathematics, French (non-native speakers)
- Arts will be on rotation
The class schedule in the English International Programme will be similar to the Bac Francais bilingual programme with days starting at 8.30 am and ending around 4 pm, with an average of 34 weekly periods. Classes will include English, French as an additional language, Maths, Science, Arts, Individuals and Societies (Humanities) and PE. Lower Secondary students will also benefit from a choice among our very own Discovery classes devised to ignite their curiosity!
2. BAC FRANCAIS BILINGUE PROGRAMME
We welcome students from Year 1/ GS through to Year 13 / Terminale providing a consistent bilingual education in English and French while following the French programme as defined by the French Ministry of Education. From Year 11 to Year 13, we offer the three traditional paths of S (Sciences), ES (Economics) and L (French literature) of the French Baccalauréat with or without the OIB (Option Internationale du Bac) . More on the Option Internationale du Bac here. Please find the PowerPoint presentation of the OIB Presentation Evening on 21 May HERE.
For any questions please contact our Admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org